Sunday, January 31, 2010

Winter Wonderland

For the second time this winter, Mother Nature thought she would have some fun with the south and dump a foot of snow on us! This is the first time in the 8+ years I have lived in Richmond that we actually had TWO snowstorms. Seriously! All of my kin in PA are laughing (well, actually my sis and BIL are kinda mad b/c he is a landscaper who plows snow in the winter and they aren't making any money right now with their zero inches of snow.......but enough of my digression). I pretend like two storms with a foot of snow each is no big deal - I mean I did grow-up in the north - but really, in a city ill-equipped to handle large snowfalls, we become pretty house-bound for a few days while waiting for snow plows to grace our street with their presence (last storm it took 4 days until they came by, and their work was spotty at best.......). While we will venture out tomorrow, plow or not, we have happily camped out at home and enjoyed the 'family time' we have been given.

Josie has happily frolicked in the snow several times over the past two days. She thinks snow is about the best thing that could happen to us. Luckily, I kinda agree with her and we had tons of fun playing outside and cuddling inside.


Can she make a snow angel in snow this deep?

Not too bad.....
Trying out the slide on her playset:

It sure was fast - but she loved it!


The car - about 8 inches into the storm:
Making snow cream - like ice cream, but made with snow:

Yummy! This is a wonderful treat:

No comments:

Post a Comment