Saturday, January 2, 2010

All Grown Up

Sniff, sniff, wah, wah......My little 3.5 year old is all grown up. Over the last week she has learned how to read. Seriously, I don't make this stuff up. She is reading. Complete books. Alright, so the books go something like: The cat has a bat. The cat is in a lap. The cat will hit the ball. (Not an exact quote, but you get the drift). But, she is sounding out all of the words and reading them by herself. I just don't get it. I certainly don't push her addiction of letters, sounds, writing, and spelling (which really have been an addiction the past few months thanks to her favorite show, 'Super Why!'). I will continue to encourage her love, but when a child starts reading at 3, am I just promoting a rebellious, bored kindergartener?!? Sigh....guess we can worry about that in 1.5 years. Until then, Congratulations, Josie, you have instantly grown up, in the blink of an eye! Love ya, girl!

2 comments:

  1. I have a bunch of books for you to borrow if you need some more "fat cat sat on a hat" type books.... And BTW_ that's just awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuuh I hate to say this but YES you may be raising a bored kindergartener. Morgan started reading at 3.5 too. She doesn't want to go back to school tomorrow bc she never learns anything! But that's s good thing, right. We need to teach our precocious children how to adapt. That and communicate with her teacher :). Congrats Josie!

    ReplyDelete