Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Broccoli

Josie: "Mommy, look! I ate all my dinner!"
Me: "Great job, Josie!"
Josie: "But, I'm still hungry. May I please have more broccoli?"
Me, pausing (thinking: broccoli? Not dessert, or more fruit?): "Well, alright, you can have a little bit more."

A few minutes later.

Josie: "Mommy, I finished all of my broccoli again! Can I have some more?"
Me, deciding to pick on my little one for a bit: "Well, I don't know. Do you deserve more broccoli? You already had a lot."
Josie: "But I really love broccoli! Please? Please can I have some more?"

I take the plate away. Josie gasps, she is certain I am cleaning up her dishes. I return with more broccoli.

Josie, huge smile spreading across her face: "Yeah! I got more broccoli. Thank you!"

She quickly scarfs down her third serving before I can change my mind.

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I totally could have written that post! My kids are just like that about vegetables.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love broccoli! Good for you! I have enjoyed your blog for awhile.
    Run happy!
    -d

    ReplyDelete