Friday, January 8, 2010

A Good Example

I have a daughter who is very complimentary of my workouts. She is often heard saying, "Run faster, Mama" or "Do more exercise!" She is even known to do walking lunges through a parking lot and show off her push-up expertise. This morning I received yet another confirmation that my lifestyle is rubbing off on her. As I was getting my morning internet fill, she appeared in front of me wearing my running gloves, hat, iPod, and various other running paraphernalia. She announced, "Look at me. I am dressing up as a pretend running mama". She proceeded to run laps around the house for a few minutes. Then she stopped and with a big smile on her face she said, "I am a good running mama!" I think she just made my day!

3 comments:

  1. What an amazing example you are setting for her! Those values will stick with her for the rest of her life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic! I can just see her and my girls racing each other for first in their age group ... one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute. My daughters love to be like their mommy.

    ReplyDelete