Thursday, April 15, 2010

Green Smoothies

Yes, you read that right. We have been drinking green smoothies in our house. To Josie, green smoothie is code for "wonderful strawberry and banana smoothie that mom had fun with and made green." She is right - just not entirely. A green smoothie gets its name from the four cups of spinach that I include. Josie sucks them up, literally. Eight ounces at a time and always wanting more. Of course, Tim and I enjoy them so much there is never any left for seconds. Today Tim walked away and left his smoothie on the table. After finishing her own, my sly little girl snuck over to daddy's cup and proceeded to drink over half of it before I made her stop. Now, to fully disclose, Josie does like to eat spinach in salads. So, I am not completely surprised that she loves the smoothies. I guess it is the quantity of spinach that she is consuming that impresses me. I am pretty sure that she would continue drinking the smoothies if I told her what made them green, but I am not positive. So, for now, it remains our little secret! :-) Thank you, Courtney and Rachel (at Stroller Strides Richmond), for introducing this new addicting (and healthy!) habit.

See how much she loves them?!?!

2 comments: