Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Flood Wall

A few weekends ago, we decided to do some new exploring in Richmond. I have wanted to walk on the Flood Wall for a while now. Several times I have even packed Josie and I up and hopped in the car to go there. However, the kind of scary homeless man that is ALWAYS sitting under the tree in the deserted parking lot has continually deterred me. So, this time I planned a family trip. And, although the kind of scary homeless guy was yet again under the tree in the deserted parking lot, we parked there anyway and braved the jaunt passed him to the flood wall access. We had a wonderful time walking along the river, taking in the views of the city (Richmond is so scenic!) and eating a picnic dinner on a bridge.

I am open to suggestions for other hidden gems we may have yet to explore!

No comments:

Post a Comment