Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Naptime

Even though Josie is almost four, she still goes down for a "nap" almost every day. I use the word "nap" loosely because sleeping only occurs about 50% of the time. However, she needs the rest, and I certainly need the break, so she goes to her bed. Usually I know ahead of time if she is going to sleep or not just by her demeanor. On one recent day, I knew she wouldn't sleep during naptime. But, I needed lunch and a shower, so she was sent to rest in her bed. When I was ready to shower I stuck my head into her room and told her that she may get some books to read while I showered. After my shower she would be allowed to get up. As I turned off the water at the end of my shower I keep hearing thumping and jumping sounds. Oddly enough, they were coming from outside the bathroom door. I rushed to peek out the door and was greeted by the following sight:


My lovely "resting" daughter had decided that it would be much more fun to make hopscotch out of her books than to read them. The pictures do not do the hopscotch 'board' much justice. It went down the hall and around the corner into the livingroom and did not break form - 2 books, 1 book, 2 books...... Of course I had to pretend to be upset that she didn't listen and left her bedroom, but secretly I was laughing as I took the pictures of my creative little girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment